Out of stock
Our specially modified suitcase capable Visc D18. We consider this the nicest distance touring bicycle from Dahon on account of its wide gear range, high end derailleurs and effective, yet light to the scales build (24.5 lbs). We have added a detatchable hinge system and the ability to pack to many larger, but not oversized, suitcases. Current measure requirements are L + W + H <= 62" for normal suitcase checkable dimensions.
Talk about function, the Visc D18 comes with very wide gear range making it capable for climbing, cruising, urban jaunts and country travel. This is one of our absolute favorite bikes and we expect it also to quickly become yours. The Visc features With a new, dynamic frame design and 18 road ready speeds, using Shimano Tiagra transmission components. The Visc D18 is a star performer on back roads or city streets bridging the gap between high intensity jaunts and fun city outings.
This variation of our Visc D18 has been specifically modified so that the frame can be taken apart rather than being simply hinged. Doing so, this allows the Bike to be packed into a 29"-30" (marketing size) suitcase. Height + Width + Depth need to measure 62" or less for normal check in. Starting measure on this bike is about 75" total folded so we can pack the bike significantly smaller with these modifications.
- MKS Ezy Pedal Set (detachable)
- Removable Hinge Pin
- Removable Cable Running Clips on the frame
- Cable separation Unit at front brake is installed
- Cables are removed from inside the frame
- Front wheel is removed.
- Front Wheel is packed into suitcase
- Seat Post is removed.
- Seat post and Seat are packed to suitcase
- Front brake cable is split at front cable connector (simple no adjustment required)
- Handlebar must be removed
- Frame Hinge is opened
- Frame Hinge Pin is quickly removed
- Latch Bolt is detached with phillips head screwdriver
- Frame is now separated
- Rear of bike with complete chainline is put to suitcase
- Cable system and handlebar are attached to rear of bike so no adjustment is required]
- Handlebar post is folded down and front of frame is packed on top of rear frame
- Suitcase is packed and can now be closed
** Suitcase, at present, is not included.Learn More